Health and fitness always seem to be near the top of the list for most people when it comes to setting new goals at the end of the year. All too often the goals we set for ourselves are beyond reach and we find ourselves starting out all over again at the beginning of each New Year.
Be realistic when defining your 2017 goals and apply simple strategies so you can be healthy and happy that you have achieved them in the coming year.
Being Mindful in 2017:
Take your time for what matters. Mindfulness can be applied to all areas of our lives. Allow yourself to slow down and eliminate multitasking. Focus on each task one at a time. In the long run you will accomplish what you set out to do much sooner and feel more satisfied if you do.
Mindfulness can also be applied to achieving healthy habits and weight loss if you follow the simple steps outlined below.
1. Use a smaller plate and fill two thirds of the plate with vegetables and fruits. Fill the other third with 4-6 oz of fish, chicken or tofu.
2. Enjoy smaller frequent meals and do not eat when under stress.
3. Drink more water and less alcohol with your meals.
4. Take your time to eat and chew slowly, 20-30 times with each mouthful.
5. Avoid TV and your cell phone during meals and enjoy some relaxing music during your meals for a change.
6. Instead of eating or drinking alcohol, take a walk, meditate or do some yoga when under stress.
Set a maximum of 5 goals for yourself which include one in each of the following areas: fitness and health, career, relationships, education and self improvement.
Remember, keep your goals simple and review them every morning.
You will be amazed at what you will accomplish in 2017.